At Birkhall Family Dentistry, all of our services are performed by General Dentists. We welcome new patients, walk-ins and those in need of urgent dental care in Barrie.
We provide Comprehensive General & Cosmetic Dentistry, such as:
- White Composite Fillings
- Root Canals
- Crowns and Bridges
- Hygiene Services
- Invisalign Orthodontis
- Low Radiation Digital X-Rays
- Teeth Whitening
- Laughing Gas
Your First Appointment
Twice-daily brushings and regular flossing are excellent for maintenance between office visits, but a healthy mouth and beautiful smile require routine general and preventative care to stay that way. Our practice offers general care that includes regular oral examinations and cleanings.
Our preventative hygiene services include fluoride, professional breath control, and periodontal (gum disease) treatments designed to help you maintain your smile’s health and beauty. Keep your teeth and gums strong and disease-free. Contact our office today to schedule a cleaning or consultation at (705) 728-1200.
Introducing children to the dentist is very important, even if your child’s permanent teeth haven’t yet made an appearance. Crooked, crowded or misaligned teeth can lead to speech problems, impaired chewing comfort or ability and stress on gums and bones. Baby teeth provide a pathway for permanent teeth, so it’s vital that this pathway is as strong and healthy as possible. We provide dental treatment for kids as early as 2 yrs. old.
Our dentists are trained in many methods to help children feel comfortable with dental treatment. For example: "Tell-Show-Do" technique. We name a dental instrument, demonstrate the instrument by using it to count your child's fingers, and then apply the instrument in treatment. This modeling technique along with positive reinforcement, coaching, distraction and parent participation helps ease their nerves when trying something new.
We reward good behaviour with a toy from the "treasure chest" and a balloon!
We provide the following treatments:
- Laughing Gas
- Stainless-steel crowns
- Pulpotomy (baby root canal)
- Space Maintainers
- Pit & Fissure Sealants
Your initial appointment normally is longer than usual. After you’ve had your dental hygiene treatment (cleaning) it is followed by comprehensive oral exam with the dentist and takes the necessary x-rays. Occasionally, treatment can be done the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan may require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays if applicable
- A list of medications you are presently taking
If you would like our assistance to determine your dental coverage, please give our office a call as we are happy to help. Call us at (705) 728-1200.
Our work in action:
Treatment we provide:
- Root canal treatment
- Each of our teeth contains a long, thin strand of dental pulp—which provides the tooth with nutrients and nerves—that extends down to the tooth’s root. If the pulp becomes infected or injured, the tooth’s nerves die and, often, without endodontic treatment, the tooth dies as well. Root canals are designed to save such damaged teeth.
- Extractions (including wisdom teeth)
- Crowns ?
- Protective outer cap made for teeth that have large fillings and/or root canal treatment to prevent vertical fractures from chewing/eating
- Bridges ?
- Bridges literally “bridge” gaps between teeth by filling them with strong, natural-looking artificial teeth. Bridges are semi-permanent – they can only be removed by a dentist – and are comfortable and proven to strengthen teeth.
- Partial or all teeth replacement.
- Implant ?
- Dental implants are securely anchored to your jaw and look and feel more like your real teeth, with the added durability of being resistant to decay and comfortable with which to chew.
- Grinding / clenching appliances (bruxism) ?
- An appliance that provides benefit in reducing the tooth wear that may accompany grinding by mechanically protecting the teeth.
Orthodontic appliances can be made of metal, ceramic or plastic. They may be removable or they may be brackets bonded to the teeth. By placing a constant, gentle force in a carefully controlled direction, braces slowly move teeth to a corrected position. This is a great time to wear braces! We start to screen for braces starting around age 7.
Invisalign uses a series of invisible, removable, and comfortable aligners that no one can tell you're wearing. So you can smile more during treatment as well as after. Invisalign is made with 3-D computer imaging technology, and has been proven effective.
When we remove your braces, we will begin the retention stage of your treatment. The retention phase lasts for a minimum of 24 months. Your final orthodontic result depends on your retainers, so follow through with the hard work you’ve put in so far. Remember to remove your retainer before brushing, and brush your retainer before placing it back in your mouth.
Emergency Dentistry Services
We will endeavour to reserve certain designated appointments daily for our patients who are in need of emergency care. Our mission is to get our patient out of pain!
Do you have...
- A Broken or chipped tooth?
- Bleeding Gums?
- Sensitive teeth?
- Lost a filling?
- Throbbing toothache?
- Sore Jaw?
No one wants it to happen, yet it could happen at any time: tooth pain. The reasons for having tooth pain cover a wide range of possibilities, but for tooth pain that needs to be addressed immediately. The Birkhall Family Dentistry Team is here to help relieve your tooth pain, call us at (705) 728-1200.